Monday, January 2, 2017

Til Death Do We Part

My new book, Til Death Do We Part, has been published and I can't wait to tell you all about it.
It's a workbook for Estate Administrators. I wrote it after my aunt became terminally ill and asked me and my sister, Laurie, to be co-executors for her trust.

My sister nor I had ever done it before, but we loved our aunt and wanted to help since he was widowed and without children.  When my aunt passed, it occurred to me that we now needed to engage in a process we knew nothing about.  So what did I do?  I googled it of course. But there was very little information to assist in this process.

Thankfully, my aunt was very organized and created a binder with quite a bit of helpful information.  My sister and I referred to that binder many times and it became the jumping off point for my book.  

Til Death Do We Part is divided into two sections.  Section 1, tells you how to organize yourself to hand off to the person who will settle your affairs and Section 2, is for your administrator and is full of helpful forms and a sample letter to creditors.  This section is where you will keep track of phone calls, letters and monetary distributions unit, you reach closure.


I think it's a great tool and I wish we would have had it when we were called upon to do it.  I hope it helps you.  Disclaimer: this book is not meant to be legal or accounting advise, but instead is a tool to organize yourself as you work through a long-term process.

It's available for purchase or download on Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Westbow Press.



No comments:

Post a Comment