Thursday, January 26, 2017

55% - 64% of Americans have no Will

I read an article today on uslegalwills.com today stating that anywhere from 55% to 64% of Americans die without  a will.

Can you imagine having to settle the affairs of someone who left you with no clue as to what they want, don't want for prefer?

As someone who has done this for a family  member, I can tell you that it was a much bigger undertaking than I ever expected.

For those of us who like to live nice, neat, orderly lives, it is unthinkable that you'd leave such a mess for someone else to clean up after you're gone.

When my aunt passed away, she had gathered much of her information in a three ring binder for my sister and me.  She had spoken to several people in advance like her banker, her insurance man, her lawyer, accountant and clergy.  Even being as prepared as she was, she unknowingly left a two year project for us to complete.

I can't urge you enough, to help the person who will be helping you when you're gone.  Make it as easy as possible for them to wrap things up.

My  new book, Til Death Do We Part, will help you do just that.  I've provided much of what you'll need to gather and organize along with a shopping list of to get you off to an easy start.

The book is comprised of two sections: Section 1 is for you to compile as much of your info as you can.  Section 2 is for the person who will close things out for you.  It includes things like, a general flow of how things proceed after a death has occurred, forms like expense report, petty cash journal, estate sale lists, telephone encounter, sample letter to creditor and more.

If you just start the book the next time your bills arrives, you will be surprised how simple it is to get yourself together.  I've added a list of things not to forget like passwords and various security codes.

The book is very helpful, I wish I'd had it when I went through the process, but I'm happy to share with you what I learned and what you can do to make the process as easy as it can be.

I need to put in my disclaimer of course: My book is not meant to be legal or accounting advice.  Every state is different I'm sure but it will keep you organized and on task so I'm sure it will be helpful to you none the less.

If you have any feedback for me, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks and God bless!

Catch  me on facebook at: www.facebook.com/Kimberly Jenkins, Author
twitter: @KJenkins_author
or my webpage www.KimberlyJenkinsauthor.com
My book is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and also Westbow press


No comments:

Post a Comment